We offer different styles of yoga and classes.
Our teachers are trained in all they teach.
We are continuously seeking new inspiration to stay updated and evolve
- teaching for us is as much of a journey as the practice is.
As well as teaching in studios, we offer private classes for all levels - individual or groups - for a more personal experience. We are all unique, our bodies and how we live are different. Therefore learning yoga in a small group with us ensures you get customised support, guidance, and learning to get the most out of your yoga practice - energetically and physically.
- a 26 posture series of Hatha Yoga asanas put together in a specific order to systematically exercise the whole body, and move fresh and oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of your body.
The beginners class traditionally runs for 90 minutes and is ideally conducted in a hot room.
We also offer Bikram classes of 60 minutes and/or classes outside the hot room on special occasions.
- a simple and healing practice for both body and mind.
We hold the poses several minutes to allow the body to slowly settle in. We aim to relax the muscles, to exercise the connective tissues (fascia) that hold the body together. We do this to moisturize the fascia and release energy blockages in the meridians - the energy channels of the body.
We teach a functional approach to Yin Yoga - we focus on the individual body, considering that all bodies and bones are different. Therefore we do not focus on how you look in a pose but on the functionality of the asanas.
ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA
- commonly referred to, as Ashtanga Yoga is one of the most popular forms of yoga practiced in the western world today. Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga consists of a flowing series of postures, which are practiced synchronized with the breath. This increases the internal heat of the body so it becomes more flexible and able to practice postures, which could not normally be practiced with a cold unprepared body. At the same time the heat will help burn and remove impurities within the body.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is a strong physical practice.
- Reiki is Japanese for "universal life energy" and is also a word used to describe a practice of natural healing sessions that is done on a fully clothed recipient. The Reiki master uses various hand positions with some lightly placed on the client. We live in a world of energy that nourishes and maintains all living things, when this energy flows uninterrupted there is balance and harmony within us and around us, and we experience a sense of wellbeing. There are many variations of Reiki, but in essence, Reiki treatments can help the body emotionally, physically and spiritually to maintain our wellbeing. It is a tradition that is open to any belief system.
- we offer sessions of the ancient technique of Guasha to remove toxins in the body, improve blood circulation, and clear blockages in the energy channels (meridians) of the back. This is done with a special scraping technique that creates a light bruising. The bruising will disappear within a few days.
Clearing blockages in the meridians enables the Qi (energy) to flow more freely and will improve your general wellbeing - bringing you more balance both mentally and physically.
Guasha originates in Traditional Chinese Medicine and has been used in China for thousands of years.
We are happy to work around your schedule and in addition to teaching the styles of yoga you already offer in your normal classes, conduct workshops or help introduce new styles of yoga to your studio.
- Prana means energy, breath, or life force. Pranayama is the conscious awareness of breath. Learning to direct and to control Prana in the body have long been considered a crucial aspect of yoga. Although we cannot control whether or not we breath, we can to some extent control the way we breath.
Exercises in breath control, such as breath retention and deliberate methods of inhalation and exhalation for specific mental and physical benefits are the core of Pranayama practice. This should ideally be learned from an experienced teacher, as it is possible to become lightheaded if done incorrectly.
KIDS & TEEN YOGA
- focus in these classes is to build inner and outer strength, flexibility, and teach how to focus and centre oneself, through yoga poses. We will practice partner poses, flowing sequences, balancing poses, and deep relaxation - all in a fun way to encourage positive self awareness and self esteem. Age appropriate yoga games are included in every class.
- the Prenatal Yoga practice is about the mother and child, not athletic achievement. During the pregnancy period your body is doing enough work creating your baby, so be gentle with yourself. Mothers should ease into their practice slowly and never force or strain during any given pose.
Our teachers are trained in the pregnancy modifications and we always go through it with you in detail first before you practice your first pregnancy class. This class is specifically design to strengthen muscles needed for childbirth and to help stimulate emotional well-being in both mother and child. We do breathing exercises and guided relaxation as part of each class. The goal is to aid in the bonding process with the baby and prepare the body and spirit for the upcoming birth. We are very honoured to be part of this amazing journey towards a life-changing event that transforms the mother forever.